I have another wonderful recipe for you to make with our meaty and delicious Jersey crabs. I am especially fond of this recipe because not only is light and tasty, but it also brings friends and family together around the table for several hours. It takes time to break open the crabs and dig in for all the juicy meat. It’s a slow process with a tasty reward. It’s as if life is in slow motion during these precious hours of love and food. We’ve spent many hours at the table doing just this….eating and talking. The stories abound. Memories are created. Taste buds are delighted.
Once again I recommend plenty of napkins or a roll of paper towels right on the table. You’ll be licking your fingers, trying to get every last drop of the lemon and olive oil marinade. I’m salivating as I write this! Don’t forget a bottle (or 2 or 3) of a crisp white wine, and the stories will just get funnier and funnier as the meal goes on. I guarantee a meal to remember. It’s times like these that I cherish.
crabs…allow several per person
5 large cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
1 cup of chopped parsley
6 or 7 lemons
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Catch or buy the crabs….usually your fish store can order them for you.
- Clean the crabs or ask you fish store if they will do that for you (I’m sure for a price).
- After cleaning the crabs, boil for 3 – 5 minutes until they start to turn pink.
- Put the crabs in a bowl and add chopped garlic, chopped parsley and the juice of 4 to 5 lemons. Add the olive oil and mix to coat well. Salt and pepper to taste and mix again.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Pour onto platter, pouring every last drop of the juice on top. Add more olive oil and lemons.